Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What is beautiful to you? What is YOUR PRICE OF BEAUTY?

Just like so many women I have spent the better part of my adult life trying to determine for myself what is beautiful. What makes me look and feel beautiful, not only on the outside but also what is beautiful on the inside. Trying to develop the woman that I am deep inside is far more important to me than what I look like outside...but don't get me wrong, a sistah still likes to look good! And when I need to, I can work it *two snaps in a z formation*

....Ahem! back to my point.

With all of the media around us trying to dictate what is beautiful it is hard to feel comfortable with yourself sometimes. It often takes a lot of inner strength and confidence to be able to love yourself for who you are and what God has blessed you with. However the earlier we learn to do this the better off we are, the more time and money we save ourselves from therapy and anti-depressants.

In light of the latter I want to encourage everyone to watch the new t.v show with Jessica Simpson; The Price of Beauty. Being a woman who have had her share of ill comments about her body (and brains) she has had to try hard to look within herself and try to love herself despite the constant talk in the tabloids and gossip shows. One way that she is doing this is by traveling the world to view how others determine what is beautiful. She and her two best friends travel to many countries with the cameras in tow, experiencing first hand the lives of other women. I am proud of her for taking this bold step, she has taken the negativity that has been thrown her way and turned it into a big positive. Kudos to her! Here is a brief clip of what to expect of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment