Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It was good, really good


One of the highlights of VinoTherapy for me was having an area reserved for the South African wine tasting. The wine used was from Heritage Link Brands. A company that was formed in 2007, out of a need to represent and promote wine makers of color in South Africa.

Unfortunately, because I was so busy working I was not able to sample the variety of wines available (six to be exact). However, at the end when all the guest were gone I was able to sit down, kick up my heels and sip a little sumthin' sumthin'. What did I have? I poured myself a glass of M'HUDI. Now, don't ask me to pronounce it 'cause I can't. Well at least I don't think I will do it justice. So you'll just have to figure it out on your own how to pronounce it! But anyway, Let me tell you about this M'HUDI wine. M'hudi, meaning "harvester", is inspired by a great African story. That of a bold and graceful woman who flees from her village to recreate life in a turbulent and unfamiliar environment. M'hudi Wines are in every way a celebration of this story of courage, possibility and generosity without expectation. -Tseliso Rangaka.

I had the Pinotage, a variety that was created 1925 in South Africa. It is a cross between Pinot Noir and Cinsault wine varieties. This red wine was good and bold and I've read that it is a really good dinner wine. I think it is a good wine for dinner, lunch, or anytime *wink*wink* (no judging)

If you would like to learn more about these Wines from South Africa, go to the website www.heritagelinkbrands.com

No comments:

Post a Comment