Monday, February 1, 2010

Tooting my own horn

Can I tell you that I am so very proud of myself? I'm really proud of myself because I am stepping out of my box. Recently I have not allowed my fears or personal insecurities to get in the way of my expansion. By expansion, I mean as a woman in business. Generally speaking I am a friendly person, and don't have a problem speaking to people I don't know. Unless you're that creepy guy standing at the gas station asking me if you can pump my gas. Buuuuuuuut, I do tend to shy away when speaking business to people that I feel are superior to me, business wise. The type of folks who appear to have all of their stuff together and are living their dream*sigh* I just feel like I cant compete. Like I'm sooooo out of my network.



But since going to Blogalicious I have had a lot more courage. I was surrounded by so may positive women doing great things, I was motivated. I figured if I'm going to attend these conferences and exchange business cards while holding lengthy conversations I may as well put forth more effort. Otherwise, it's a waste of paper and time, and as we all know; Time Is Money. So, I've been putting forth the effort by calling and connecting to people that share a common interest with me. Not only that but, I have also been able to gain encouragement and get advice talking to people that are doing well in the arena's that I want to be in.



Each connect has led to opportunity, which leads me a little closer to becoming the entrepreneur that I want to be. With each step I am getting a little more courage, I'm so happy about that. For the next 5 months I have several things lined up and I am eager to see the results and share them with you.



Until then, I'll keep a smile in my heart and wear my courage on my sleeve

1 comment:

  1. That's fabulous! I totally understand what you mean; that definitely can be daunting. I often feel the same way. I can't wait to hear more about what you have going on.

    ReplyDelete