Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do You Remember The First Time?


I know that during the month of February, many people are thinking of romance. Valentines day has love in the air, with men and women wondering what can they do THIS year to top what they did last year.

I am a firm believer in showing my love year round and not waiting for V-Day. It's a normal day with a lot of hype. However being the frugal man that he is, my husband cannot pass up the chocolates that are on sale or the flowers that get marked down at the last minute. Hence, by default I may receive a lil' sumthin'- sumthin'

Recently, since the beginning of the month I have been seeing and hearing the phrase "first kiss." Even on The Wendy Williams Show, Wendy have been asking all of her guests to tell about their first kiss experience. Some of the stories were so cute and very memorable and others well, not so much. Hehehehe! This had me thinking. Thinking back to my first kiss. It was all so long ago, and was given to me by the son of my parents best friends (typical). He was older than me by a couple of years. Dark, bowlegged and mannish! Our parents spent a lot of time together so it was only natural, I guess.

Since that first kiss, there were several more (kisses) over the teenage years. Most of which were okay. With just a couple of *yarn*sigh* less than fascinating ones.

Fast forward to 1990, age 18 when I met my husband. We were friends (with a serious attraction) for the first 6 months, then on April 1st 1991 we agreed that our platonic friendship should be more. We shared our first kiss and it was like fireworks, Snap!Crackle!Pop! After that first kiss we have been together ever since. Although the kisses have varied over the years, the feelings are still the same. There have been a few times when the fact that I will never experience another "first kiss" has crossed my mind. However, it's a great feeling to know that my first kiss was my last first kiss but it is also my best kiss.

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! I don't think I can remember my first kiss.... hmmm? Let me think: It was like 5th grade or something like that, I think. First "real" kiss? I was 14; my first love. Ahhhh, the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful memory, made even more so when you realize you are truly blessed to have found and met the "ONE"! =)

    ReplyDelete