Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Up, up, and away!



When I was a little girl, I have vivid memories of going to the park with my mom for an afternoon picnic with fun games, people watching and kite flying. Now, we were not expert kite fliers by any means. However we enjoyed the challenge of trying to get the kite up in the air and to stay there. We would laugh with such amazement and watched with so much anticipation as the kite would ride the wind, ebbing high and low, flipping n' flopping in the great blue sky! It was great family time.

I have on an occasion or two tried to pass on this fun activity with my children, but have not been too successful. I'm still intrigued when I see others at the park doing it, so I am very happy to know that Georgia will be having it's very first kite festival! On May 15Th at the Centennial Olympic Park from 11am -7pm, Humana, The Atlanta Braves and The American Kitefliers association will partner together to introduce this event to the city. Through a program called kites for kids, there will be volunteers working with patients of Scottish Rite Hospital to design beautiful kites that will be on display and for sale during the festival. All of the proceeds from the sales will be given to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.

The event is free and open to the public. There will be much for the whole family to enjoy; face painting, music, inflatables and kite decorating along with a wide variety of vendors. I will be there with a smile on my face, along with other bloggers such as Jennifer of mami2mommy. I hope we see you there, be sure to stop by the table and say "hi!".

For more information please go to www.georgiakitefestival.com

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it will be so much fun! I cant wait! Im sure my girls will LOVE it! xoxox LLP

    ReplyDelete