Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Hiking I will go!!

Can I just say that this girl is wo' out and fit to be ti'ed?! I have been getting my exercise on these last few weeks. Nothing too fancy (figures right?), but just staying very mobile. I have been walking on the Silver Comet Trail and hiking up and down Kennesaw mountain. Six miles on the trail and two miles on the mountain, twice a week. WHEW!! You should'a seen me walking around when I was done with my walks and hikes...wobbly, limping and a really, really sore butt! (I know, TMI but it's was sore!). I actually really enjoy the walking and hiking because I am out in nature and I LOVE nature. It gives me the opportunity to appreciate the beauty of creation and give praise to the Creator. So I feel like right now this is the best form of workout for me. I will be including some other movement, such as Zumba which I have mentioned in a previous post. I may not necessarily lose weight but I will definitely be toning up and losing some inches, while increasing my stamina.

FINE BY ME

I've posted several times about my struggle with maintaining my weight and healthy eating habits. I think that I have just concluded to just do the best that I can do right now, and enjoy myself as I go along. I can do that, 'cause I'm cool like that....*smile*wink*

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have gotten into hiking! I got into it last year and it quickly became one of my favorite things to do. We walk up and down Stone Mountain twice on one visit. We hope to be up to 3 times by the end of June. And I luuuuuvvvv the view and the breeze at the top!!! It makes it all worth while.

    ReplyDelete