Thursday, October 15, 2009

Therapeutic Thursdays

I have something new that I want to start on my blog. Because I have an appreciation for holistic health I want to share it with my readers. One way that I have decided to do this is to begin a new series called Therapeutic Thursdays. Originally I was posting these on my Hippie Chicks fan page but figured it would be a good feature here too.


My first Therapeutic Thursdays post will be :
Rosemary essential oil

Rosemary is one of my favorite essential oils because it can do so much. Popularly known as a tasty addition to chicken, fish and vegetable dishes. Outside of its wonderful flavor however, it aids the digestive system when it is eaten.
As an essential oil it works as a stimulant to the body's central nervous system. Which is no wonder why it has been commonly called a "wake up" oil. When trying to get yourself in gear for the long day ahead incorporate a few drops in a natural shower gel. Or create a wake me up spray with Rosemary, peppermint and sweet orange. Spritz a little bit above the sleepy heads in your house. There will definitely be a sense of clarity in the air.

Along, with keeping you alert you can also count on Rosemary to soothe your aching muscles. It is an antiseptic oil, so it is great for conditions such as muscle sprains, arthritis, and rheumatism. I like to use it with Lavender, peppermint, and cypress for a good back rub.

With the cold and flu season upon us and everyone very concerned about the Swine flu, now would be a great time to pick up a bottle of Rosemary. It is good for the immune system, use up to 5 drops in a warm bath.

See what I mean? Variety. So, the next time you walk past a fragrant Rosemary bush and rub its leaves between your fingertips, remember all of its goodness. It is so much more than just a fragrant bush.

2 comments:

  1. Rosemary and Peppermint are two are my favorite scents!

    Is this great to use on your children too, or just adults.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Stesha you can use it on children in a bath or even a massage oil but in small amounts.

    ReplyDelete