Sunday, October 25, 2009

Change is good

I recently went out on a limb and ventured off into unfamiliar territory. I did not go out of the country or into a bad neighborhood. I made a change in my makeup choice. oooohhhh, that is very scary for me. All of my close friends know that I am a M*A*C cosmetics kind of girl and on the occasions that I am wearing makeup, I rarely will use another brand with the exception of eyeliner, and mascara.


Recently, though I was involved in an event and I really wanted to look really pretty. I did not want my dark acne blemishes to be visible, I hate them. However, I had run out of my usual Studio fix powder foundation and was really freaking out. Freaking out because I did not want to spend $26 for a new compact, and I was unsure of where to turn for a comparable yet less expensive product.


I was searching high and low trying to find the right color match, texture and application style. For some people this is a simple task, but for me, it was a cause for much anxiety. I'm used to just walking up to the counter and having it all picked out for me. Walking away as a satisfied and confident customer. Having to pick out my own foundation color left me feeling anything but confident. I did not want to be one of those women that you see with two toned skin, their neck obviously lighter or darker than their face. Can you see my dilemma?


Eventually I just gave up, and enlisted the help of my cousin, a great makeup artist. We chose the Maybelline Dream Matte mousse foundation and I love it! It is so light and airy, and a little goes a long way. I was amazed at how well it covered my dark spots, giving me a beautiful even tone that looked natural. The best part of it all? It can be purchased for under $10. I am so happy that I have found something that provides me with the same quality, look and feel of my beloved M*A*C Studio fix. Needless to say, I attended my event with great pride and confidence and a little extra change in my pocket.


BYE-BYE M*A*C...HELLO MAYBELLINE!
*I am not in any partnership with Maybelline, to promote this product. I simply loved it and wanted to share my feelings about it*

1 comment:

  1. Picking out a foundation can be so stressful. I'm glad you went to the event with confidence and beautiful skin. Next time I need some I'm going to look for this kind.

    ReplyDelete