Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Terrific Tuesday Tasty Recipe: Eggs & Toast, Toast & Eggs

I enjoy a wonderful breakfast, in fact it is often my favorite type of food to eat. I especially like to eat a breakfast that is simple yet quick and goes well with my morning coffee or tea.

Here is a recipe that only has two ingredients, maybe three, that I think you will like. Some call it eggs in a basket but I just simply call it eggs in toast. Wanna try it? Check this out -

1 slice of whole wheat bread (or bread of choice) 1 egg 2 pats of butter 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese using a 3 inch circular cookie cutter or the shape of your choice, make a hole in the center of the bread. Place the butter in the pan to melt ( med heat), place the bread in the pan. Crack open the egg careful to keep it in the hole. Cook on each side about a minute and flip it over to the other side. Once done, slide on a plate, add cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Perfection!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy breakfast foods as well. Like pancakes and eggs for dinner with turkey bacon or a loaded omelet for lunch. Mmmmm yum! Wish it wasn't grocery time 'cause I would make it right now. I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Also called egg in a hole. I may rise and shine early tomorrow to treat myself.

    ReplyDelete