Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Always the little things that mean so much


Recently after a very busy and strenuous week I decided to do something that I love to do but never have the time, * okay, uh, Make Time* for.... a bath.
You know, actually using one of those things that is in the bathroom. It's rather large and hold like 15 gallons of water. Yeah most of the time mine just sits there unused, gathering dust and holding little Nick-knacks on its edge. I have every intention of spending time with it, often dreaming of how high I could fill it up with bubbles. Imagining myself soaking away all my troubles as I inhale the aromatic oils of jasmine and rose. But then, life takes over and I have to opt for the often quick shower.

Finally, I pushed my "schedule" aside and made time for ME. I filled the tub with hot water and began to add my favorite ingredients; Honey, baking soda, avocado oil and Jasmine essential oil. Deep breath in through the nostrils.....ssslllowwwwly exhaling through the mouth. *SIGH*

As I eased my tired body into the therapeutic waters, I felt each muscle relax and all the stiffness went away to a place far, far, away. I set my Pandora stations to my favorite tunes and very soon realized why this was one of my favorite past times. I was able to take real time just for me. I was able to give my body and mind the TLC that it deserved. I realized that I was taking my own self for granted and vowed to remember how I felt at that moment. Making a mental note for an encore...

No comments:

Post a Comment