Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Oh No She Didn't Tuesday!: We got trust issues

Last week my daughter and I were discussing the back to school items that she needed to begin 4Th grade. I don't know about you, but school sorta snuck up on me this year and I was totally NOT ready for the first day.

As we were talking about book bags, pens and paper I remembered that in the absence of school prep in my mind I had not booked a hair appointment for her. I figured well it's too late now, I'll just do her dreadloc maintenance myself. Shouldn't be too difficult...wash, condition, moisturize and twist the new growth of each 'loc.

I begin to explain my plans to this 9 year old little girl, who BTW has been going to the salon regularly since she five. Her face showed it all, the fear and distrust of ME a non-professional stylist doing her hair. You would think that should have been enough, but nooooo! This young girl proceeds to say " I don't think that is a good idea! I'm sorry to say this but I do not trust you doing my hair. I will just wait until you schedule my appointment with Shaina (our stylist), you might mess it up!"

"OH NO SHE DIDN'T! Clearly she got me all twisted....

No comments:

Post a Comment