- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in ketchup and hot sauce. Remove from heat; cover and reserve sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp pepper, Sprinkle 1/2 cup flour mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 tsp water.
- In small batches, dredge chicken in flour mixture shaking off excess. Dip chicken in egg mixture to coat, shaking off excess. Dredge chicken in flour again. Place on floured sheet.
- In a large (5-quart) saucepan, heat oil to 350 on a deep-fry-thermometer ( a pinch of flour should sizzle when dropped in the oil)
- Add half the chicken; cook until golden brown, 3-6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lines plate. Return oil to 350. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Toss chicken strips with reserved sauce (reheated if necessary) to coat. Serve with Blue Cheese Salad.
Blue cheese salad (serves 4)
3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
2 teaspoon each water and fresh lemon juice
3 dashes hot sauce
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 head romaine lettuce cored and chopped
4 medium carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium celery stalks, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, water, lemon juice, hot sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Fold in blue cheese.
- Add romaine lettuce, carrots and celery; toss to combine. Serve immediately.