Friday, January 22, 2010

Girls Day Out with a Magical Beauty experience

Imagine my surprise and delight when my daughter and I were heading out the door for our day at the salon to find a package on our front step. I took a few minutes to open the box and was happy I did. Inside was some goodies from Carol's Daughter Magical Beauty Collection that we could take with us.

I immediately put the bottles into my purse and off we went to get beautified! When we arrived at Honeecomb our stylist Shaina was happy to use what we brought in to clean and condition our hair. Her immediate response to the shampoo was a big "LIKE". She said she loved the thick lather and the clean scent. As she washed she said that the shampoo had a nice conditioning effect as well. After rinsing and applying the conditioner however, she was not as impressed but nevertheless considered the conditioner a good product as well. It simply did what it's intended to do, soften and condition our hair.

As I sat in the salon, I began to look over the labeling of the bottles. The one thing that stood out as noteworthy to me was not the pictures of the cute characters from the Princess and the Frog movie, but the affirmations. Just as the movie held certain principals and encouraged noteworthy attributes for young girls, so did the wording on the labels. The phrases read; "The Beauty Within" "Inner Shine" and "Sharing Means Caring."....I love that! As a mother of a young, beautiful brown girl these are the characteristics that I try to instill in her. These are products with a great message to uplift and empower girls everywhere.



After our day at the salon we left even prettier than we arrived. We finished off our day by eating delicious cupcakes at CAMICAKES in the Atlanta Buckhead area. A great way for a queen and her princess to end their day.

Tonight, I think I'll let the princess use her new Princess and the Frog bubble bath...pampering is right up her alley. She's such a DIVA.



*I was not given financial compensation to do this review, although I did receive the products to use for free. My honest opinion was expressed about the products*










The

1 comment: