Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lately, I havent been getting enough of it.




Ive been guilty of something, really guilty. I have not being doing what I know that I ought to do. I have not been drinking enough water. Which is pretty sad because I work in the holistic health field and promote healthy living. I tell my clients to drink a lot of water after each reflexology session, "It carries away the toxins." Yet, I am not heeding my own advice.

I don't know why I am being so rebellious. I know that water has many benefits such as:

  • supports the metabolism
  • supplies nutrients and oxygen into cells
  • healthier skin
  • aids digestion and constipation and
  • detoxifies

I've got to get better with this before I create a situation. Last year I was hospitalized due to serious kidney infection. Not. Fun. I certainly do not need a repeat of THAT. Besides, it's not cute to have dry cracked lips or wrinkly, flaky skin ( sure signs of dehydration).

I know that I need to drink 75ounces of water a day, as a rule- drink half your body weight in ounces. So I'm going full force with this. Again... Doing whatever it takes, adding lemon, mint leaves, cucumbers or limes to add flavor. Making my water consumption more palatable, because woman cannot live on coffee and wine alone. Although it makes life more interesting. haha!

What about you? Do you need to boost up your water intake?

No comments:

Post a Comment