Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 : lessons learned

As are the many years that have past, 2009 contained numerous life lessons. No matter which phase of life a person finds themselves in a lesson of some sort can always be learned.

I tried to think of the experiences that I went through in 2009 and decided that it was too emotional /dark to share in a way that my readers would appreciate. 2009 was not my best year, but it wasn't my worst year either. It was an emotional and mental roller coaster ride of epic proportions. Filled with highs and lows that are bound to change me for the better, in ways that I look forward to.

So instead of putting together my own list of lessons learned, I compiled a list from others. Friends and family and a couple of my own. I am thankful to those folks that participated in my little survey, it was a lot more interesting than my own.

9 Lessons learned/Realized in '09
#1 " I learned that finding a job ain't easy "- A.B.
#2 " Debt is a burden and a distraction, and rekindling old friendships make you realize how awesome friends can be" - N.H.
#3 " I learned that trying new and different things aren't as hard as you think once you make the first step toward it." - E.B.
#4 " True friends are REALLY true friends, the rest are just posers." - S.H.
#5 " Just because someone is talking to you about their problems doesn't mean they want help. Sometimes people just need to vent" - V.B.
#6 " Do what you believe and don't worry about other peoples oppinions! " - E.C.
#7 " Depression is real and can effect anyone, don't wait until it is too late to get help" - S.H.
#8 "Money doesn't always make you happy. It's essential but not worth sacrificing friends and family. Living simple will make you happy." - L.B.
#9 "This economy sucks!" - D.S.

So, that was what we learned in '09, could you relate? I'm wondering what lessons we will be blessed to learn in 2010?

1 comment:

  1. Numbers 2, 6 and 8 ring true for me. 2008 was my worst year ever - reconnecting to myself made 2009 a great learning year and 2010 is going to be awesome (whatever happens!)

    Thanks to everyone who shared those insights. It was a great reminder of the year. Its funny how no matter where in the world we are we still go through the same things!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete