Thursday, April 22, 2010

Are You Ready To Work It Out?!


The month of April is when we really start to see things come alive. The sun is shining bright, the flowers start to push through the dirt with fresh stems and buds, the trees begin to get green and we all begin to unwrap and show a little bit more skin. Well, for some of us the showing of more skin can bring about a little bit of anxiety. We have to kind of tone up and cut back here or there, because we see the after effects of those cozy comfort foods during the winter.

Previously, I had agreed to take part in a 4 week healthy eating challenge by a fellow blogging buddy Swarthy Daisy, which is great because it will help me to focus a little bit better on...being healthy. So imagine my excitement when I was invited to attend WORLD FITNESS DAY on May 1, 2010 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta Ga. How cool is that? The whole dome filled with people ready to be lead by some of the world's most widely known fitness leaders. All working together sharing their passion for health and fitness for mind, body and spirit. Oh My Goodness! I am soooo There!

I'm very excited because some of the fitness experts that will be there are people that I grew up on. I mean come on, who doesn't remember when Jane Fonda was working it out with her fitness videos rocking her sweat band on the head, wrists and the colorful leggings? I was always entertained by the energy of Richard Simmons and when I was older I bought the Billy Blanks DVD's and tried (i do mean tried) to keep up with him in my living room. Even the Great Debbie Allen and Denise Austin will be there! It is an all star team. We will also have an opportunity to be entertained by legends such as the Pointer Sisters and Atlanta native Ludacris.

This is the first annual event, and I am sure that it will be highly regarded for the years to come. What is also great is that this event will benefit Jane Fonda's Organization; The Georgia Campaign For Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, founded in 1995.
This is an event you do not want to miss, come out and join us as we strive to get healthy and fit. Wanna know something even cooler? If you can't make it, or do not live in the Atlanta area you can still have fun because it will be live streamed on www.UStream.TV....ohhhh, the wonders of technology!
So there is no excuse not to participate.

Check out this video, it gets your adrenaline going and whets your appetite for May 1st, See you there!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited; it looks like a great event! Thanks for all the information in your blog post.

    ReplyDelete