Saturday, September 5, 2009

Somebody should'a told me

Soooo, this holiday weekend I am on a very spur of the moment getaway. I drove up to Pennsylvania with my cousins. A long drive indeed. I took the first stretch of driving, because if I gotta drive long distance I gotta get to getting, while the getting is good. Basically...I have to drive while I am awake and alert otherwise I'm no help at all.
I drove from 7am to 3:30 pm, not too bad right? But what made it GREAT was having XM radio!

OMG

Very little DJ interruptions and no static when traveling from state to state. You know how it is when going out of a certain area. Constant fidgeting with the radio dial to pick up whatever the local station is, carrying a bunch of Cd's just to hear what you like. So frustrating. Well, when you have XM radio, all of that is eliminated! It was smooth sailing. We started off listening to Oprah radio and then moved on to some smooth r&b. When we didn't know the singer of a particular song, it was OK because with the press of a button my cousin could tell me the name of the singer and the title of the song. There were so many channels to choose from. Pretty much anything you want to hear. I really love the radio talk show feature. It sure beats listening to sports radio with my husband. of course xm has sports channels too, but it's nice to know I have such a good variety on talk radio. How awesome is that? I was thoroughly impressed. XM radio is available in your car, online,satellite cable and on your iphone. All of that for a very reasonable price too.

I know some folks out there may already be accustomed to this type of technology and are thinking that I am so late and living under a rock or something.

Well this is new to me. I'm just sayin'...someone should'a told me...

No comments:

Post a Comment