Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections


It seems like every year on December 31st we hear the same phrases "where did the year go!" "It just zoomed by!" " I can't believe a new year is upon us!" The funny part to me is that we always have the same amount of time, it's just how we choose to use it or not that makes it feel like it has "zoomed" past us.

Upon the close of the present year and arrival of the new we naturally look back on the good, the bad and the ugly that went on in our lives. As I look back on my year I have to admit that I had so many good things to happen, I can only be grateful. New business venture, new house etc. Yes there were some material gain in 2010, but my emotional & mental growth has been what is most amazing to me. I feel as though the barriers that kept me from being my best self had been lowered if not removed from in front of me. This, primarily due to feeling that enough was enough, realizing that my own inabilities to move on and let go were my biggest hurdles. Finally "getting it." Truly understanding my own worth. Understanding my feelings, accepting them, working with them and being okay with them. To take off the heavy amount of pressure that I put upon myself regarding various relationships was such a relief ! This all happened during a process or a series of processes not always easy on the psyche but oh so very worth it. The end result is HAPPINESS AND CONTENTMENT....what a sweet way to end 2010.

I am open, ready and willing to accept all good things 2011 is going to bring me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm open and ready as well. Whatever changes and challenges come my way I hope to face them with finesse, dignity and acceptance while embracing the good of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2010 was a time of change, and 2011 will be the time that we begin to truly reap the benefits of those changes.

    ReplyDelete