Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It was a fat chance


Today I played hooky from school, yep I did. I went to bed with every intention of getting up at 5:30 am, leaving my house by 6:30, fight the traffic and sit at my desk at 8.
That's what my body was planning to do. My mind had other ideas. So it just did not happen.

I feel bad about it....well kinda. I just wanted one more day to lay around and do nothing. Actually I was doing somethings like; checking my humongous pile of emails, doing my follow up calls, and adjusting my calenders. I even found a little bit of time to study. I wanted to be doing stuff, I just didn't want to leave the house to do it. I wish there was a way to skype with my class on days like this. Although that may make it just toooooo easy. Habitual line steppers like myself just may take advantage.

This whole going to school 5 days a week thing is getting to be hard on a sista. Gotta stay focused. I promise I will be a better student tomorrow. Can't make any promises for next month.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you earned the right to play hooky just this one time! Sometimes, listening to our most selfish selves is the RIGHT decision (just my humble opinion).

    I will say though, that the decision to go to school is also a gift you've given yourself, and so when you take full advantage of making that decision, the rewards will be amazing!

    You should be so proud of yourself for taking on school in addition to the many other things you do. Plus, if you're certain that school is a part of your ultimate Life Design, then it'll all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete