Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Bridal Makeup Expo : my perspective

Everyone loves a beautiful bride right? There is something about seeing a woman all dressed in white, bouquet in hand gliding to meet the love of her life. It represents hope and love, the continuation of life.Well, this past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Bridal Makeup Explosion by
Mete' Dela an events planning company. The theme of this event was brides around the world. We were able to watch various brides walk the runway representing the bridal and makeup style of a particular continent. It was spectacular! Especially for me, I never been to an actual runway show before. Back stage there was so much hustle and bustle between the models, stylists, makeup artists and photographers. I kind of felt like I was on the set of America's Next Top Model. And just as we see on the reality shows, there was a divalicious model acting crabby and bratty regarding a particular dress that she did not want to wear. Looks to me like the stylist & make up artist were ready to throw some 'bow's on her and snatch out her lashes, but alas!....the show must go on at all costs.I thought the choice of venue; The Biltmore Ballrooms, in Atlanta Ga was fantastic. There were so many people representing various aspects of the industry. Tables and booths were setup for skincare, photography, videography, makeup and a pamper bar with the Pamp 'n Glam squad (more on that later ;)). There was entertainment, but let me be frank...it could have been better. The singers were more like screamers into the microphones. One group looked like they did not even practice their moves before getting up to perform. I was not impressed and neither were the attendees. Overall though, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was a great opportunity to network and meet people, gaining new experiences.

So, I'm ready for the next event! Got an invite?.....

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review of the show queen!! I was thinking of sharing my thoughts as well.. great minds think very alike, my same other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a great learning experience for you. Thanks for being honest too! I appreciate it when a review gives honest feedback, and by your description of the entertainment, I know you did just that. Oooh, the ANTM reference got my attention big time, because that's my show! I'm neither a stylist nor a model, but I'm hoping Tyra (or somebody) invites me backstage to get my BeBeautifullyWell on some kinda way :)

    ReplyDelete