Sunday, July 19, 2009

You're too good to be true,cant take my mind off you.

Here is the scene: A picnic at the park with friends, all types of delicious food spread out for "my" enjoyment. Yummy salads, Plenty of fresh fruit, good smelling things on the grill slathered with sauce and tasty cakes & cobblers. But then I see IT. Sitting there torturing me with IT's tantalizing smell and looking so nice and yellow. Immediately I am drawn to IT and with out a second wasted I am spooning out a heap of goodness on my plate. It not only looked and smelled good IT TASTED good...

Fast forward 7 days later. I can't take my mind off IT, I keep craving IT. Finally I breakdown, and knock on the door of the owner of this dish and shamelessly begged for the recipe. She was even so kind as to give me some of the ingredients fresh from her garden. Oh happy, happy, joy, joy! I went home with a song in my heart and a skip in my step. I got the recipe to make this delicious dish and IT's MINE! ALL MINE!...Well, now it's yours too, hehehe

5 yellow squash cut up into small chunks / slices
One onion diced or sliced
1/2 stick of butter
One Potato sliced thin
Velveeta cheese

In a skillet melt the butter on medium to low heat
Add the squash and onions
Next layer, the potato slices and then the rest of the squash.
Cover with a lid and let simmer for about 30 minutes or so.
Once the Potatoes are tender, add slices of Velveeta (about 4 oz. or more if you like a lot of cheese)
when the cheese is melted the dish is ready to be served! Enjoy!

I bet once you try this you'll be singing the same tune..."Your just too good to be true can't take my eyes off of you......"

No comments:

Post a Comment