Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oh No (S)He Didnt Tuesday! - Biting the hand that feeds

It is no secret to my friends and family that my 17 month old pup Isabelle is a handful. In the words of my sister "Isabelle has changed my definition of BAD!" I have been her biggest defender and protector, I always had a reason in her defense of why she behaved a certain way. I tried to train her.....REALLY, I did. I used positive reinforcement and even a little negative reinforcement (this is a no judgement zone). Nothing seems to work long term. All in all she is a sweet dog, very lovable and has the cutest face (I'm still defending her).

However, yesterday things took a turn for bad. While I was trying to control her when a neighboring dog came down our street, she bit me!

OH NO SHE DIDN'T! *insert head roll and finger point with the lips curled*

Every time I reached for her collar she would growl & bite, I had such a struggle with her but was finally able to get her into her crate. I have to admit I was actually a little afraid and my feelings were really hurt. (as were my arms and fingers). I made a report to my husband reluctantly and in shock, his thoughts on the situation? Yeah, you know it....SHE'S GONE!

Bottom line, at the end of the day, no matter how much love there is for a pet there should be NO FEAR OF THE PET. Lesson learned for Isabelle? "never bite the hand that feeds you"

Welcome to “OH NO HE DIDN’T” TUESDAY, a super awesome blog carnival created by Kristi at Live and Love…Out Loud. Click on over to her blog to find out what made her and everyone else stop and say “OH NO HE DIDN’T!”

4 comments:

  1. OH NO SHE DIDN'T!
    That's terrible. I'm sorry you were bit. That's never fun. It's down right scary. I know making a decision like that (getting rid of her) is a hard one to do and a personal one at that. I hope your hand is okay.
    Thanks for playing along again this week. I'm sorry about the link problems. :( Have a great day.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO!!! Maybe try obedience school as an alternative before deciding to get rid of her?? I can tell you, I had a rottweiler who once, & ONLY once bit me when he was threatened & I happened to be the closest thing to him....but he was my baby, it was an unexpected situation for both of us, & it never happened again! Good luck! Found you thru Kristi at ONHD headquarters!!

    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That's so not good. You weren't badly hurt, were you? That's a good post for this meme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for the support. We still have her, I wanna make sure she goes to a good home. I can't just give her up with out knowing she will be cared for....*sigh* I still love her.

    ReplyDelete