Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Out of my 5 mile radious


Today I decided that I was gonna get out of my nest. As some of my friends know, I have been working daily for a few weeks now, trying to get ready for my move. Each day I pack up some things, clean out some things, throw away some things *shhh! don't tell the hubby*. In between all of that I am still taking care of the family and working outside the home with clients and networking as often as I can.

But today was an awakening! Literally! I woke up and decided that I was going to get out of my house and do something just for ME. I decided I was gonna go outside of my normal 5 mile radius and go to the MALL!

Insert music for dramatic effect--- *Dun, dun, dunnnnnnn!*

Do you have any idea how long it has been since I been to a mall? So long that I dare to tell my daughter that I came here without her. In any case I came and I am here sitting in Starbucks sipping on my iced coffee curled up in a cozy leather chair, listening to easy going music, inspired to blog. It feels good too. I came out because I wanted to shop for new furniture, (not really buy anything but to window shop) I wanted to get some great ideas on the furniture that will go great in my new place. I had no disturbances, no kids to tell me where THEY wanted to go and no husband tapping his toe and checking his watch as I took my time strolling.

*SIGH*

I'm so glad that I took the time out to even do something for myself. I shook up my scene and it feels fabulous! Now I can go back home and finish my work with a smile on my face.

Every now and then a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do so she can be the best gal that she can be....Say THAT five times fast!

p.s while I was in Starbucks I got some great inspiration for a new hair color! whoo-hoo!

4 comments:

  1. congrats on getting out of the house..and getting out ALONE. I don't know when the last time was that I went to the mall by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Mama! I know it felt good to throw all the normal reasons "not to" to the wind and just GO! New hair color too---whaaaaat, you went all out! You should enter the See Me Shine contest over at my blog, because you know you're all kindsa FLYNESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... Hair color? Cool. I really need to do this for myself (hair color & getting out). I am so swamped with things to do and so overwhelmed and stressed with work, money, kids, etc. I know you know. I keep talking myself out of doing something 'cause of the finances. But I need to come up with something.

    I'm glad you took a free moment. I can't wait to hear more about the new space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... I.am.trippin! I read this post and didn't remember a word of it. Was gonna add a comment when I saw I've already been here and already said that. OMG! I really need a break, a moment and some daggone sleep.

    Have a good weekend and I hope the moving is going well.

    ReplyDelete